A ‘zero waste’ kitchen might seem like too much trouble, especially since we’re such creatures of comfort. However, it’s not as impossible at it sounds!
You can start by reducing the waste in your kitchen simply by paying more attention to your shopping, storage, and cooking habits. Keep a canvas tote in your handbag and one in your car. Buy items from the bulk section and store them in pretty mason jars. See? You’re already a few steps further.
Below you’ll find even more ideas for how you can produce less waste in the kitchen:
1. Beeswax Food Wrap // Instead of plastic or aluminum foil, use and reuse beeswax cloth.
2. Reusable Lunch Box // You could wrap your sandwich in plastic for lunch… or you could pack it in a stainless steel lunch box you’ll be using for ages!
3. Silicone Dish Washing Sponge // Compared to your typical sponge non-porous silicone dries faster and won’t harbor bacteria. Better for the environment, this fun and flexible scrubber will stand the test of time. Say goodbye to your smelly kitchen sponge!
4. Glass Jars // Your kitchen isn’t complete until you start using glass jars! You can use them for canning, baking, and freezing, but also just for storage. Needless to say, they look super cute on the shelf!
5. Bamboo Travel Utensils // Whether you’re having lunch at the office or on vacation, you won’t be needing any of those flimsy plastic forks anymore.
6. Reusable Unpaper Towels // Can’t give up paper towels? These colorful, reusable, highly absorbent towels will make you change your mind.
7. Mesh Market Bag // Mesh bags are not just an eco-friendly way to carry your groceries home–they’re also a chic accessory!
The same goes for woven baskets.
8. Washable Reusable Mesh/Produce Bags // These plastic bags lookalike are actually made of durable canvas! Perfect for carrying and storing your baked goods.
9. Reusable Water Bottle // We cannot emphasize this enough: you need to hydrate and you need a water bottle!
10. Cotton Storage Pouches // Rather than tying knots on plastic bags, how about using canvas drawstring pouches? The fabric is breathable, keeping refrigerated produce fresh for longer.
11. Stainless Steel Drinking Straws // If you (or your little ones) can’t have a smoothie without a straw, you should consider reusable ones! Made of steel, they also come with cleaners, so you don’t have to worry about the washing.
12. Travel Coffee Mug // We understand if you can’t get out of the house without coffee. That doesn’t mean you have to always buy and then throw out plastic cups!
The summer has already begun! It’s the time to upgrade your look with new summer clothing. From the prints, shapes, and brands worth investing into the styles that work both home and away, I’ve found 5 summer dresses you should consider for 2019. 1. THE PRINT: Polka Dots Timeless, effortlessly stylish and so versatile, polka...